As many pre-defined ringtones on iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max would have… You still have the iTunes, which means that you will probably always be tempted to want to make use of new and different ringtones. You know it’s possible to change not just the ringtone, but many other audio notifications, the alarm included. You only have to learn exactly what you have to do.
Because you obviously cannot just grab any song from the iTunes and expect to be able to select it as a ringtone instantly. Follow the steps below to learn how to get ringtones on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.
Whenever you want to download ringtones on iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max:
- First, update the iTunes app to the latest software version available;
- After that, select that special song that you’d like to use as a ringtone, obviously, from the iTunes – just don’t forget that you’re only going to be able to use 30 seconds from it;
- With the song selected, use the right-click or the ctrl-click;
- From that drop-down list that will extend, use Get Info to create the start and the stop times for the audio file;
- Do the right-click or the ctrl-click one more time, on the same song;
- Use the option to Create AAC Version;
- After you did all that, you can copy the new file and get rid of the old one;
- Edit the extension of the new file (.m4a > .m4r);
- Your song is almost ready now and you should definitely add it to iTunes;
- Before you can set it as a ringtone, sync your iPhone with iTunes;
- Then, access the Settings app from your iPhone;
- Tap on Sounds and next, on Ringtone;
- Select the songs that you’ve edited following the instructions above.
Once you get to the bottom of this process of adding and creating custom ringtones for contacts on iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max, it will be difficult to stop. You will probably want to retake all these steps and personalize other contacts as well.
And then, move on from adjusting the ringtones to changing the new message tones and so on. The point is that, if you have learned how to download ringtones to iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max, nothing will stop you from personalizing all these notifications!