You’ve heard that there must be a Flashlight on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus but you couldn’t find it, so far? It must be because you haven’t looked for it too much. Otherwise, you’d be surprised to see how easily accessible this widget actually is.
Speaking of being surprised… perhaps we should help you set your expectations a little bit. When you find the Flashlight and turn it on, don’t expect it to light up like a LED Maglight would do, for instance. No, this source of light is gentler than that yet it is still more than useful in various situations.
But enough with the talking, let’s show you how close you are from tapping the Flashlight icon on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr and iPhone 8. It’s all on your iPhone, don’t hurry to the App Store because you don’t need to download anything!
Here’s from where you should activate the iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr Flashlight:
- Turn on the display of the iPhone;
- From the Home screen, access the quick menu with one swipe upward, from the bottom of the screen;
- Look for the Flashlight icon, it’s listed in there, maybe at the lower left corner;
- One tap will turn the Flashlight on;
- Once you do that, the menu will collapse but the light will stay on and the notification bar will show you its icon, as a sign that it is up and running;
- You can use that notification or simply return to the initial menu and tap on it once again, whenever you want to turn off the flashlight.
Now that we’ve answered the question of where’s the flashlight on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, you can start making use of it right away!