Sometimes we all catch ourselves striving to try out an alternative application store since we’re pretty fed up with the Apple and Google Play Stores. Now, a free Vietnam store offers premium apps to us and it’s called AppVN. Probably the best thing about it is that it offers a variety of services aside from the apps themselves. Every app has both iOS and Android version. The fact that other platforms such as 9Apps, 25PP, Aptoide, and Muzhiwan actually consider AppVN as the competition, means that these guys are doing something good. In case you’re having issues with apps from Google and Apple Play Store, try out one of these app stores and let us know if one of those helped you out. If you’d like to read an honest review of the AppVN, stay tuned!
Outline of the AppVN App Store’s features
- As we’ve already said, one of the best things is that this store offers apps for both iOS and Android devices.
- The user interface was built in order to provide the best user experience, and therefore it’s quite plain and simple to use.
- Searching for apps throughout this app is easy and it doesn’t require loads of time, thanks to its search bar.
- Aside from the free apps, you’ll be able to download some of the premium apps, but for free! Also, you’ll be granted access to loads of free TV show apps and eBooks. However, their offer doesn’t end here – you’ll be able to get themes, wallpapers, and ringtones as well!
- Some of you may have experienced language-oriented problems with Muzhiwan and 25PP, but AppVN is completely in English, so no worries about that one.
- AppVN allows users to set up alleged stores thanks to which they get the opportunity to share apps online with whomever.
- Even though the download speed is quite decent, the amount of storage you’ll need for storing the app store (do you see what I did there?) isn’t so nice. It takes up to 20 MB, and taking in consideration that the majority of mobile phone users have storage issues – these aren’t the bright news.
- People behind this app store tend to maintain all the latest updates for games.
- Thanks to some awesome algorithms, the store actually offers great recommendations, taking in consideration what you might actually like / be interested in.
- You’re not required to sign up in order to download apps.
Couple of extra features
- Things like additional app details and images, reviews, ratings and other, are visible to you once you click on the app.
- You’re actually able to reduce the size of .apk files.
- One of the best things for those of you who consider yourself a developer, is that you can mess with the source code and make it better for yourself.
- The transmission rate is amazing.
Is it safe using this app store?
First of all, let’s discuss the app store itself. We guarantee that using this app store is safe, and so do plenty of other websites such as MyWot and SiteAdvisor. This guarantees that AppVN doesn’t come with any kind of a virus nor malicious software. Now, regarding the security of downloading apps via this store – feel free to get any of the cracked apps for free and rest assured that your device won’t get hurt. There is a difference though, whether you use an Android or iOS device. For Android users, downloading cracked apps won’t represent any kind of a problem, but we’ve got bad news for iOS users. Due to certain rules and protocols, basically you’re forced to pass the authorization, and unfortunately, this leaves out room for hackers to steal some of your information. Another thing is that some apps have reported to have an impact on your device’s memory.
Pros and Cons
People behind the AppVN have done their best in order to allow users to use apps even on some of the older Android and iOS versions. Basically, you won’t have to run the latest version in order to run some of the new apps. Lastly, but definitely not the least, these apps will work perfectly on your phone, whether you’ve rooted it or not.
We’re all pretty much used to sweet designs for apps (and operating systems) and we’ve come to the phase where people expect cool design no matter what. Unfortunately, AppVN has failed in providing neat and attractive design, but still, that doesn’t mean that the interface is ugly – it’s just not what we were all expecting. Another bad side of this app store is that it doesn’t come with a built-in file manager and memory cleaner, but these are just the finesses.