If you’re looking for free open-source software which you can use to play all types of media files over the net, then Kodi XBMC Media Center is the right thing for you. You can be sure that you won’t have any unnecessary costs when you install and use this ultimate software.
Netflix represents the biggest competition for this software, but the biggest advantage is that Netflix is chargeable, and Kodi XBMC Media Center, as we already mentioned, is free to use.
This is probably logical, but we need to say it, the great thing is that you can always change the code of the software. Programmers, about 450 of them, have participated voluntarily in the development of this software.
It really isn’t important which OS is installed on your device, the latest version is compatible with any version of OS such as Windows, Xbox or Android. And you can choose where to install it; you can do that on your Laptop, Tablet, Mobile, Xbox etc. If you want to stream or play any kind of media file, you can do that with Kodi XBMC.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD KODI XBMC (STEP-BY-STEP)
XBMC Media Center for Xbox:
- In order to install this software, you need to connect to the high-speed internet
- Also, sign up for your live profile in order to access the Xbox store
- When you enter the Xbox store, look for “Kodi”. When you find it, the only thing you need to do is to press “download” and the downloading process will start
- In case it says “download pending”, look for three dots (you can find them next to the “pending” status) and click on “download now”
- When the process is finished, select on XBOX and hold it for some period of time in order to start the Kodi XBMC
XBMC Media Center for Windows 10:
The great thing is that you can install Kodi XBMC on your computer or laptop with Windows OS, but we need to mention that you can do this only if you have Windows 10. So, here is the explanation how you should do it:
- First of all, go to Kodi official website in order to start the downloading
- The website you have visited will detect which version of Windows you’re using and after that, you will be redirected to the exact page where you can continue with the downloading process
- Next thing you need to do is to find and choose the available version of Kodi. My advice is to choose Kodi 16 because it’s really stable (even more stable than some newest Kodi versions if you ask me)
- When you choose the version you want, downloading process will start
- After the app is downloaded, go to downloaded.exe file in order to install this app on your Windows 10
- The installation is really easy, you will get a detailed explanation how to do this, just follow the instructions.
XBMC Media Center for Android:
In case you’re using Android OS, downloading this app is really easy, you can find it on Google play store, and download it and install it just like every other app on your mobile. Follow these steps:
- First of all, your device needs to be connected to the internet. Log in to your Google account and tap on the Google Play Store in order to find the app.
- Type in the search box “Kodi app”
- When you find it, click on the green button where it says “Install”. When you do that, it will require your permission to access your basic details such as email address, contacts etc. Select on “Allow”
- Now, the downloading process will start and you’ll be able to install the app on your device
- You will get a notification when the installation is completed
- In order to start using this app, tap on the Kodi icon.