If you’ve bought the new Google smartphone, than it’s a good idea to know how to get custom ringtone downloads on Pixel and Pixel XL. The ability to get Pixel and Pixel XL free ringtone downloads allows you to use different ringtones for when a friend or family members calls you. You can also use this same ringtone for texts, alerts or other notifications on your smartphone. The following are instructions on how to download ringtones for free on Pixel and Pixel XL.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL ringtone downloads
You can easily get free custom ringtones on Pixel and Pixel XL. Once you have the music you want saved on your smartphone, just follow the steps below to set ringtones on your smartphone:
- Open iTunes (If you don’t have iTunes, you can get it here)
- Pick the song you want to create as a ringtone
- Choose the start and stop times for the ringtone. (You can do this by right clicking or ctrl-clicking the song you want and tap on Get Info from the resulting drop-down list)
- Make it an AAC version. (Right-click or ctrl-click the same song again and select Create AAC Version)
- First copy the new file & delete the old file
- Modify the extension. (Tap on the file’s name, and modify the extension from “.m4a” to “.m4r.”)
- Add the new file to iTunes.
- Sync your smartphone.
How to set ringtone on Pixel and Pixel XL:
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Dialer app.
- Choose the contact that you want to set a custom ringtone for.
- Tap on the pen-shaped icon.
- Tap on “Ringtone.”
- When the popup window appears, select the ringtone you want to use.
- You can add a ringtone not listed by tapping on “Add” and browsing for the song that you want to use.
After you follow the steps listed above, you’ll be able to use downloaded music as a ringtone on Pixel and Pixel XL. It’s important to note that the changes above will only happen for a specific contact, and not for everyone on your phone. If you want to apply that ringtone to all contacts, you make those changes by going to your phone’s Settings.