If you own the new smartphone from Google, you may want to know how to factory reset the Pixel and Pixel XL smartphone. There are several reasons that you would know to know how to factory reset your device including when you’ve been having problems with your phone or you want a fresh new start with the smartphone. Below we’ll explain how you can factory reset Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
You should know that before you go to factory reset your smartphone, it’s a good idea to back up your files, photos, contacts and other information in case something goes wrong during the reset process. You can backup your device by turning it on and going to Settings and tapping on Backup & reset.
How to Factory Reset a Working Google Pixel and Pixel XL
The first thing you need to do to factory reset a Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone is turn on the phone and go to the Settings page. Once here, tap on Backup and reset that can be seen under User and Backup. Then tap on Factory data reset. Again, it’s important to note that you should backup all information before you tap on Reset device. Finally, tap on Delete all and wait for the smartphone to complete a factory reset.
How to Factory Reset Google Pixel and Pixel XL with Hardware Keys
Sometimes your touchscreen may become unresponsive, if this is the case you won’t be able to access the menu page. Don’t worry, there’s still a way to factory reset the Pixel and Pixel XL with the hardware keys.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- At the same time, press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power buttons.
- Then with the Volume down, then choose wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button.
- Now use the Volume down to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power.
- Once you’ve rebooted the Pixel or Pixel XL, then use the Power button to select it.
- Now your Pixel or Pixel XL will restart and all things will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
After you follow the steps above, you’ll know how to factory reset the Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphone. This is helpful if you’ve been having problems with your smartphone or you want a fresh new start with the smartphone.