If you have a Huawei P20 and P20 Pro, your device has the autocorrect feature. The aim of introducing this feature was to fix spelling issues and typos on smartphones. But some users find this feature annoying. This feature is annoying when it autocorrects texts that are not wrong. That is why sometimes you need to disable this feature on your device.
In this post, we will show you the proper way to do this. On Huawei P20 this feature can be disabled forever, or it can be activated when you are typing words not recognized by the feature. You can follow these steps to disable autocorrect on your device.
- Make sure your device is turned on.
- Then open the keyboard.
- Find the “Dictation key”, select and hold it.
- Then find “Settings” and click it.
- You will find “Predictive Text” below the “Smart Typing” label. Your task is to disable it.
- If needed, the auto capitalization and punctuation can also be disabled.
When you want to turn on autocorrect, you can follow the same steps.
Alternative Method To Turn OFF And ON Autocorrect On Huawei P20 And P20 Pro:
Your approach may be slightly different if you are using a different keyboard. In fact, the procedure depends on the keyboard. But in most cases, you have to follow pretty much the same steps.