Facebook is an amazing platform that has tons of information that is collected about your friends. One example of this is the contacts of your Facebook friends. For some reason if you want to delete your account, it’s a good idea to first download Facebook contacts to your phone or computer so you don’t lose them in the profile deleting process.
The process to save Facebook contacts can be a little complicated at first, but we’ll provide great steps that’ll help you quickly and accurate download Facebook contacts with names and phone numbers without losing any information.
The original download of the Facebook contacts results is something that is complicated, hard to understand and not very organized. With the steps after that, you’ll be able to quickly make all your contacts from Facebook useful once you’ve downloaded them.
How To Export Facebook Contacts
Before you can fully export Facebook contacts to your computer, you’ll first need to request the archive of your Facebook account. Once you’ve completed that, continue following the steps below:
As mentioned, Facebook doesn’t make it easy, but the company does provide a way to get an archive of your entire account. So if you want to get access to your contacts, you first have to request an archive of your Facebook account.
- Download your Facebook archive and unzip the file.
- Go to the contact_info.htm file and open it.
- Select all your contacts including the numbers and select Copy with your mouse.
- Create a new Excel or Numbers file.
- Now select Paste on the top left cell in the document so that both names and numbers have their own columns.
- Now you’ll need to remove all the extra content that was added. You can do this by using the “Find and Replace” tool. You can quickly access this by pressing Command + F.
- Once the “Find and Replace” tool shows up, type in “contact” and leave Replace empty.
- Using your mouse, right click on the upper left cell, and select Paste. You should now have two columns: one containing the names of your contacts, and the other their phone numbers.
- Now go ahead and select on Replace All.
- This will remove all not needed stuff
- You can now save the file and have a list of all your Facebook contacts.
After you’ve followed the steps above, you should be able to easily download Facebook contacts without any issues. Leave us a comment and let us know if this worked for you.