It is important to understand how to check for Carrier Settings Update on the iPhone or cellular iPad device which can assist in increasing your overall experience with the iPhone on iOS 11/iOS 12. Occasionally, service network providers such as Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, Apple, or T-Mobile may release a carrier update to the iPhone. You could notice a pop-up with the “Carrier Settings Update” on the iPhone at a random time, a send a request to have it installed while you are updating to iOS 11/iOS 12. You do not need to upgrade the “Carrier Settings Update” since you are able to check for carrier settings updates manually. In this case you will still find updates for the Carrier Settings for an unlocked iPhone.
In general, the Carrier Settings Update for your iPhone are usually small and make improvements or adjustments to a specific carrier setting that have to with data, cell network, voicemail, calls, text messaging, or personal hotspot. If you happen to own an olde Apple device such as the iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5c or iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad 4th Generation, iPad 3rd Generation or iPad 2nd Generation, the upgrades will assist in making the user experience much better since the new software will make the features of the Apple device much better.
- How To Fix Screen Rotation Not Working In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Fix Wallpaper Zoom Feature In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How Turn Off Camera Shutter Sound In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Delete iCloud Account In iOS 11 And iOS 12
Look For & Install Cellular
Carrier Settings Updates using iOS 11/iOS 12 on the iPhone
Updates for the carrier settings are usually easy and quick to do, however it is much better to be safe than sorry and have your iPhone backed up. This process works in the same way on any cellular device equipped with iOS.
- Make sure the iPhone and iPad is turned on.
- Navigate to General after you open the Settings app.
- Click “About” and patiently wait at the display, if there is an available update, you will notice a popup window which says “Carrier Settings Update: New settings are available. Would you like to update them now?” with “Update” and “Not Now” as the two options, click “Update” to install the update for carrier settings onto the device.
Once the carrier update has been installed on the iPhone, the brand new update will turn the cellular service cycle off and then turn it back on after a couple of seconds. So, you should try not to download the new Carrier Settings Update during a data transfer, whether through a SMS, voice texts, call, or iMessage.
A lot of the time the “Carrier Settings Updates” will install on the iPhone once you update to iOS 11/iOS 12. Occasionally, a fresh carrier setting update will add a new feature to the iPhone.