Maybe you don’t like how your iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 rings when you have an incoming call. Maybe you don’t think that the current ringtones are actually representing you and your personality. Or maybe you are up for some change and something to set a good mood more often than not. With the right ringtones, even if your boss calls you on your day off, it won’t feel that bad… It’s up to you to discover which song could work such wonders. We, on the other hand, will stick to showing you what it takes to custom a ringtone for your iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12.
You can’t say it’s complicated, but it certainly isn’t piece of cake either. Still, with the right determination and our concise instructions from below, it won’t be long and your phone will make you feel good whenever it rings.
Create and select different ringtones for your iPhone/iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 contacts – step by step:
Creating a new, custom ringtone on your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 will start from the iTunes, as expected. Before you do anything, you have to make sure that you are already having access to the latest iTunes version. If you’re not, do the update and then continue with these steps:
- Select a song – you’ll only get to hear 30 seconds of it, as a ringtone!
- Set its start/stop times – with right or ctrl + click and “Get Info”, when the list drops down;
- Generate its AAC version – with right or ctrl + click and “Create AAC Version” when the menu extends;
- Move the new song and delete the old one;
- Change the new song’s extension (.m4a >> .m4r.);
- Add the resulted file to iTunes;
- Sync the smartphone;
- Go to Settings;
- Select Sounds;
- Select Ringtone;
- Select the song you just added to iTunes.
All these instructions are about creating one custom ringtone and linking it to one particular contact. Everyone else in your agenda will enjoy the default sound until you manually edit their custom tunes. If you enjoy telling who’s calling without even looking at your phone, you’ll go through this process for every contact on your iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 agenda – in any case, for any contact that matters to you.