The Developer Mode Options seem to be a privileged series of settings that only those who know how to tackle it will gain access to. But that’s just a way of saying, fueled by the fact that the Developer Mode isn’t active by default with the iPhone or iPad devices in iOS 11/iOS 12.
If you learn how to activate it, you will have access to advanced functions. Some of them will target the USB debugging, others the installation of a third-party ROM or some software and so on. Whether you’re serious about becoming a developer and you want to explore this menu or you just want to play around, this guide will open you the door. Read on and discover what it takes to unlock the Developer Mode on an Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12.
To turn on the Developer Mode on iPhone/iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12, follow these steps:
- First, connect the device to a computer using an iPhone cable like this;
- Then, simultaneously press and hold the Home and the Power keys of your iPhone or iPad, for at least 10 seconds;
- After that, you can release the Power key but keep holding the Home key;
- Press and hold the Home key alone for another 10 seconds;
- When you release the Home key, the screen will go black, meaning that you have entered the iPhone DFU Reset mode.
- How To Show Battery Percentage In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Turn Safe Mode On And OFF In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Disbale Auto WallPaper Size And Auto Zooming In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Delete Photos In iOS 11 And iOS 12
You can tell that you’ve succeeded by the iTunes notification that will pop up. It should tell you that the app detected an iPhone in the Recovery Mode. And it will instruct you to restore the device if you want to be able to use the iTunes again on your iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12.
That’s it, now you know how to enter the DFU mode from your phone or tablet. If other questions arise – and chances are they will – do not hesitate to send us a message with the subject iPhone/iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 DFU mode. We will know what it’s all about and reply to you shortly.