Working with an iPhone or an iPad that runs in iOS 11 may seem a bit intimidating at first. And one of the common things that our readers need help with relates to handling the content from the Home screen. If anyone can install a new app, not anyone knows how to move the icons on the screen, how to adjust the widgets, or even how to group any of these into custom folders.
If you too want to better organize your icons, apps, and widgets on the screen of an Apple device, read on because this tutorial is for you.
First, you might want to tweak the widgets of the iPhone/iPad in iOS 11 Home screen:
- Turn on the display and navigate to the Home screen;
- Find an empty spot, press, and hold on it;
- When the Edit screen extends, identify the Widget icon;
- Select the Widget icon and you’ll see the full list of options;
- Identify the particular widget that you want to bring to the Home screen, from that list;
- Press and hold on it to customize any available setting or to simply remove it.
Second, you might want to create a new folder and better organize your apps:
- Again, you will have to start from the Home screen of the iPad or iPhone in iOS 11;
- Identify the app that you want to edit, press and hold on its icon;
- Drag the icon, without releasing the hold, to the top of the screen;
- Release the icon on top of the New Folder option;
- Edit the name of the New Folder, when prompted to do so;
- Hit the Done button from the keyboard;
- Follow the same steps described above, to continue moving other apps.
Last but not least, you can rearrange all the icons:
- Navigate to the app that you now want to place in a different location of the Home screen;
- Press and hold on that app;
- Drag the app to the desired location;
- Release it in there.
As you can see, the instructions are just as simple as with the previous versions of iOS 11. Just because you’re not using an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11, it doesn’t mean that much has changed in the way you rearrange your Home screen icons.