All Apple users have a list of things they love about their iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 and a list of things that they could easily live without. On the latter, it might as well be this Predictive Text feature. Well-intentioned, in theory, the input technology doesn’t always get your intentions right. If you type the first letters of the word and you’re getting all kinds of weird suggestions, it’s understandable that you’re more annoyed than happy with how it works.
In the event that you have concluded you’re better without this feature, read this short guide. You have no idea how easy it is to get rid of it!
- How To Add Someone To Group Chat On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Activate Text Message Forwarding On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Leave Group Chat On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Turn On Spell Check On iOS 11 And iOS 12
To control the status of the Predictive Text on your iPhone/iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12:
- Turn on the iPhone or the iPad;
- Launch the Settings app;
- Stop at the General section;
- Browse until you find the Keyboard and select it;
- Tap the dedicated switch from the Predictive option.
That’s from where you can easily turn it On and Off.
The extended text correction options
On your quest to accessing the Predictive Text settings for the iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12, you might notice that the device can do a lot of other cool things in terms of text correction. For instance, creating and constantly developing your own dictionary – that the text correction feature will take into account when suggesting you how to edit your texts – is one of them. Learn how to use it and the iOS 11/iOS 12 will learn how to change the words that you type on a regular basis. How cool is that?