The spell check feature that any iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 and iOS 12 boasts is meant to underline potential issues with your texting. Not just any kind of issues, but rather spelling errors and typos that could easily make you feel very bad if sending them to the people you talk to. What’s not to like about it, you wonder? Some will find plenty of reasons to reject this option of having the misspelled words highlighted in red.
Until you get to decide on your won, perhaps you’d like the opportunity to try out the spell check option. Here are the simple instructions on how to turn it On. You’ll have to get to the general Keyboard settings.
- How To Add Someone To Group Chat On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Activate Text Message Forwarding On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Turn On Predictive Text On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Leave Group Chat On iOS 11 And iOS 12
How To Turn ON Spell Check iPhone And iPad In iOS 12 And iOS 11
- Unlock the screen of the iPhone or iPad in iOS 12 or iOS 11;
- Head to the Settings app and launch it;
- Switch to the General tab;
- Identify the Keyboard section and access it;
- Find the Check Spelling option and tap to activate it.
Now you can leave the settings and use any app where you normally type text. From Messages to Mail, wherever you write something, the red underline format will sneak it. At some point, you might have the feeling that not all of the suggestions you’re getting are actually worth being taken into account.
If you don’t want to bother with checking every word flagged as possibly misspelled, you’ll know why some people don’t like the spell check on their Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 12 or iOS 11. If that’s the case, repeat the steps from above to deactivate it.
Note to yourself – that’s what you do when you’re using the Apple stock keyboard! If you’ve been testing a third-party keyboard, the instructions may be a bit more different.