Given the fact that, nowadays, Apple iPhone and iPad in iOS 11 users have the possibility to access the Mobile Hotspot option on their smartphones, being connected or allowing another person to connect is more productive, fun and easy to do. We all know that having an internet connection is actually a necessity, so let us bless the people who made this option available for the ones in need of navigating the internet.
Connect to your friend`s device and share some internet megabits for free. Trying this when the public Wi-Fi connection isn`t working is even better. Plus, the battery on your iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 is now made to resist for hours when connected via Hotspot, thus being better than the old ones.
Because many people complained that they don`t know how to activate the Hotspot on iPhone or iPad, whether it runs in iOS 11 or another version, we have put together this tutorial.
In order to use this awesome feature, you have to first activate and set it up. Follow the steps that we are about to suggest you and you will also learn to change the security password code.
How to make your iPhone/iPad a wireless hotspot:
- Grab and unlock the screen of your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11, browse for “Settings” and then press on “Mobile”;
- Further on, go to “Personal Hotspot” and drag the toggle to ON;
- Activate your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, then introduce a convenient password that it`s different from your Apple ID or from your wireless network;
- Under the entry labeled as “To Connect Using Wi-Fi”, check the thread with the Hotspot name;
- In the “Menu” bar of your Mac, find and click “Airport”, after which you can easily choose your Wi-Fi Hotspot;
- Introduce in the indicated space the password utilized earlier on.
How to change your password and adjust other settings:
Every Apple iPhone and iPad in iOS 11 has a menu where the user who sets up and activates the Hotspot can configure a certain password. How do you do that, you ask?
- First, turn on your mobile device.
- Click on “Settings” and press on “Personal Hotspot”.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password.
- In case, your mobile Hotspot doesn`t work, try upgrading that service, because some data plans don`t offer it unless you decide to upgrade your plan.
Finally, if the Mobile Hotspot still doesn`t work on your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11, then call the carrier and get another compatible data plan.
We hope that you managed to get your fair share of internet by successfully using the Mobile Hotspot feature on your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11.