We talked earlier about how to leave a group chat message on iOS 11//iOS 12/iOS13 on iPhone or iPad. However, we never discussed how to add a person to a group iMessage after it has been created on the iPhone or iPad.
The most recent version of iOS 11/iOS 12/iOS 13 for the iPhone or iPad lets people add a person to a group iMessage after it has been created without the need to start a whole new thread. This method will not work if the group chat is between only two people and third person would like to be added.
The following steps will assist you to learn how to add a person to a group iMessage without needing to make a new group chat. Keep in mind that this method will only work if everyone in the group chat is using iMessage and not a mix of iMessage and SMS. So if anyone is using an Android, they cannot be added to the group chat. A person will only be able to see the chat once they are added to it and the the chat prior to their invitation.
- How To Exit Group Text On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Cut, Copy And Paste On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Change Font Styles On iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Nest Folders On iOS 11 And iOS 12
How to add a person to person to group message on using iOS 11/iOS 12/iOS 13:
- Make sure the iPhone and iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12/iOS 13 is turned on.
- Have your Messages application open.
- Choose a group message that you wish to add a person to.
- Choose “Details” towards the top of your screen.
- Choose “Add Contact”.
- Choose the people that you would like to put in the group chat and it “Done”.