You’ll have to agree, it’s a good thing that your iPad or iPhone in iOS 11 in iOS 12 automatically locks its screen after a given time-frame. This auto-lock feature and its settings have been designed to save the battery and spare you of those unpleasant situations when you do unplanned things by accidentally touching the display of the device, a display you thought it was already locked.
If the screen locks automatically, for all of the above reasons, it only makes sense that it doesn’t unlock automatically. Having to type a passcode or to use your fingerprint, a pattern, or any other unlock method is, however, an aspect to debate. Some appreciate it while others find it a real pain.
Whether you’d like to keep it or not, today we will talk about the first part of the issue – the auto-lock settings and how you can adjust it.
Edit the iPhone/iPad in iOS 11 in iOS 12 auto-lock settings with these simple steps:
- Unlock the display of the device;
- Navigate to the Settings app;
- Launch it and tap on the General menu;
- Select the Auto-Lock option;
- Edit the time you want your phone or tablet to lock its screen.
- How To Calibrate Compass In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Move Apps Around In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Make Screen Rotate In iOS 11 And iOS 12
- How To Recover Deleted Photos In iOS 11 And iOS 12
Now that you know what settings you need to tweak in order to adjust the auto-lock settings, you can make whatever changes you need on the iPhone or iPad in iOS 12 and iOS 11.