You recently bought an Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 and you are still learning how to use it? Have stumbled upon the error “Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed” and you can`t seem to figure it out? Well, don`t worry since that problem has a solution. This error is supposed to block you from getting new emails when accessing the Microsoft Exchange application.
The problem, as our readers reported it many times before, goes like this – an instant message that says “Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the server failed.” suddenly appears and interrupts your activity.
What we are going to do today is to present you some ways in which you can free yourself from the constant issue of not being able to comfortably access your email on your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11.
Take the extra mile and re-enter the account passwords:
This troublesome issue tends to appear after changing your password while accessing the account on a computer/ laptop, basically any device other than your smartphone. In that case, do this:
- Grab your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 and unlock the screen.
- Get to “Settings”, access “Mail” and, in this order, access the following submenus: “Contacts”, “Calendar”, “Account”, and finally “Password”.
- Remember the password you recently set and introduce it – the device might prompt you to sign in for the changes to take effect.
- Log in, so that the phone will remember the new password and refresh the app, updating it with your new emails.
- If you do not receive any messages after the new login, log out and log in once again for 2 to 3 times.
Change the location of your emails into a new folder:
This solution requires a simple move of the emails into a new, temporary created folder on the server.
Change the password once again:
Think of two different passwords, for your Microsoft Exchange Account email and your Yahoo Account. Set them and log in once again, in order to make sure that the connection is functioning properly.
Here are 5 other methods to get your email work:
- Turn OFF the cloud and reset your email passwords.
- Activate, from Settings, the option “Airplane” and then disable it.
- Create a new account, after you have deleted the original one.
- Check out the Network settings and reset it by going to “General”, then to “Reset”, and, finally, to “Reset Network Settings”.
- Switch the field “Mail Days to Sync” to “No Limit”.
This tutorial was meant to teach you how to quickly fix the “Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the server failed.” problem on your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11. Let us know if it worked for you!