You know a lot of things about your iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12. And chances are that you are still learning lots of new things every other day. So, how about if you would explore your text editing options? In case you weren’t aware of it, there’s an easy – though, not so visible – way to cut, copy or paste pieces of written information. Would you like to learn how to juggle with it?
Here is what you should know:
- The options to cut, copy, or paste are all available on any iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12;
- Each of these actions can be selected from a special menu;
- The menu that includes the text editing commands cannot be accessed from the settings of the device, it only shows up when you long press on the text you want to edit;
- The selection will start, in the first instance, from one word, and you will have two blue tabs that you can use to drag and extend the selection to cover the entire text;
- When you’re selecting texts from a web page, aside from the classic cut, copy and paste actions on iPhone and iPad, you will also have the options of using the search magnifying glass or the iOS share button;
- All these commands are actionable in two steps – one would first have to select the text and the desired option from the original window and then paste the text in the new destination;
- In any case, the menu is accessible through that long press on the display and, if a cut or copy command is active, in the destination window one will only get the paste option from the menu;
- These options can be used either to select fragments of text and move them or to select the entire text and edit it in the final window.
As you can see, learning how to cut, copy and paste on iPhone and iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 is very similar to doing it on a computer. If the steps are a bit different, the principles are the same. And once you learn the ropes, everything else is just constant practice. Soon enough, it will be just as natural as any other command on your Apple iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12. Try our suggestions from above and you will convince yourself!