For those that own the new smartphone from Apple, it’s a good idea to know what to do when you need to reset password when locked out of iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. The most common way to fix this issue would be to complete a hard factory reset, but using this method, all of the data and files on your iPhone will be deleted, thus this should be done as your last resort.
If you don’t have your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus backed up already, you might want to consider some of these other solutions below so you won’t lose everything on your device.
Follow the steps below to learn how to reset password on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus if you get locked out.
Different ways to erase iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Those that have not saved or backed up your iPhone, it’s still possible to save information on your phone before you go to reset your password and avoid losing all information on your phone.
- If you already have your iPhone synced with iTunes you’ll be able to connect your phone to the computer and open iTunes to backup your phone.
- Another method would be if you have Find My iPhone or iCloud turned on.
- Those that don’t have iCloud activated already or can’t sync with iTunes, you’ll need to use Recovery Mode.
Erase iPhone 8 using iCloud
- Enter iCloud.com/find into a browser of a device.
- Sign in with Apple ID.
- Now pick All Devices.
- Choose the device you need to erase.
- Select tap on Erase [device] that’ll erase and remove the password from your phone.
- You’ll be able to now either choose to restore from a backup or set up as new.
It’s important to note that your iPhone needs to be connected to a cellular or WiFi network so that Find My iPhone will work and be able to erase your iPhone.
Erase iPhone 8 using iTunes
- Turn on both your iPhone and a computer
- Connect the iPhone to a computer
- Launch iTunes and type in your passcode if needed
- Have your iPhone sync with iTunes and then create a backup
- Once the sync has been completed, select on Restore [your device].
- Once the Set Up screen pops up on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, select on Restore from iTunes backup.
- Now select the iPhone in iTunes and find the most relevant backup to restore from.
Erase iPhone 8 using Recovery Mode
If you’re unable to use the two previous methods, then we suggest that you use Recover Mode to erase iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Using this method, you’ll be able to erase your phone and the password on it as well.
- Power on your iPhone and a computer
- Connect your iPhone to a computer
- Launch iTunes
- Once the iPhone is connected, do force restart
- Now when the option for Restore or Update, select on Update. Now iTunes will reinstall iOS without having to erase anything important on your phone
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to reset password when locked out of iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.