For those that have just bought the new OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T, you may want to know how to fix the problem if you forgot pin password on OnePlus 5. Don’t worry, this is a common problem and we’ll explain below a few different ways to reset password on OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
The most common solution is to complete a hard factory reset, but this method can delete important data and files from your phone. If you haven’t already backed up your device, then we’ll be explaining a few other ways to fix the issue if you forgot OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T pin password.
OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 And OnePlus 6T Reset Password With Factory Reset
- Turn off your phone.
- At the same time press and hold the Volume, Home and Power buttons.
- Next go to the wipe data/factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Now highlight over Yes – delete all user data using the volume button and select it using the power button.
- Once the phone has rebooted, you can turn the phone on again.
- After the smartphone resets, everything will be wiped and ready to set up again.
An alternative solution to this is to complete a factory reset the OnePlus. You should know that prior to doing this, it’s a good idea to make sure all files are backed up in case something goes wrong during the backup process.
OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 And OnePlus 6T Reset Password With OnePlus Find My Mobile
Another way that you can fix a forgotten pin password is using Find My Mobile (Find My Android), this feature is kind of like Find My iPhone from Apple. This setting has a “Remote Controls” feature that will allow you to temporarily reset password and bypass lock screen on OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T. Those that haven’t registered their phone with OnePlus already, it’s recommended to do it as soon as possible.
- Register the One Plus
- Go to Find My Mobile and temporary reset password
- With this you can bypass lock screen with the new temporary password
- Create a new password
OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 And OnePlus 6T Password Reset With Android Device Manager
The final way that you can reset password on OnePlus is to use Android Device Manager. If you’ve already registered your phone with the tool, then you’re ready to use it. If not, just register your OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T and you’ll be ready to reset pin code in no time.
Follow the steps below to learn how to reset password with Android Device Manager:
- From your computer, go to Android Device Manager
- On the screen find your OnePlus
- Turn on the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Follow the steps on the screen to unlock your phone
- Create a temporary password
- Type in the temporary password
- Set a new password
After you follow the steps above, you should know what to do in case you forgot pin password on OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, One Plus 5, One Plus 6 or One Plus 6T.