Many people have the habit of losing their mobile phone’s password and the most common solution for a forgotten pin password on OnePlus 6 is to hard reset the phone but this will wipe out all your data and files if you have not made a backup for your data and files.
We are providing you with easy and safest methods to unlock OnePlus 6 after losing your password. These methods would not wipe your data and files. You can easily reset your mobile password with any of these methods without losing the files when forgot pin password on OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Shut down your OnePlus 6.
- Now hold the Volume up, power and the home button for few seconds while waiting for the Android icon to appear on the screen.
- Now Select Wipe data/factory reset by using the volume down Once the option is selected, press the power button to tap on it.
- Now select the Yes – delete all user data by using the Volume Down and then use the Power button to select the option.
- When the data wiping is complete, use Power button to restart the phone.
- Now the phone will be just like new with everything wiped out and you can set it up again.
If you want an alternative procedure to factory reset the OnePlus 6 then read the given guide. It is imperative to understand that before performing a complete factory reset, you must back up all your data and files to avert any kind of loss.
OnePlus 6 Reset Password with OnePlus Find My Mobile
You try another method to reset your OnePlus 6 mobile password by using Find my Mobile option. The remote controls feature in your smartphone would allow you to reset your password temporarily and you can also unlock the screen on your phone. You must be registered with OnePlus in order to use this feature.
- First register your OnePlus 6 with the OnePlus
- Once you are registered, you can now use find my mobile to reset your password.
- Once you got your new temporary password, use this to unlock the mobile.
- Now create a new and permanent password for you OnePlus.
OnePlus 6 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
You can also reset OnePlus 6 password with the help of Android Device Manager. You must be registered with it in order to use it. The process is extremely easy and you will have to stimulate the Lock feature. This lock feature would allow you to reset the password on your OnePlus 6. Follow the below given steps to reset your password with Android Device Manager.
- On a computer, go to Android Device Manager.
- Now locate your Oneplus 6 on your screen.
- Now look for “Lock & Erase” and enable it.
- Now follow the steps that are given on the page.
- Now create a temporary password.
- Use this password to unlock the phone.
- Create a new password now.