For those that own the new One Plus smartphone, you may want to know how to clear cache on OnePlus 5. The reason for this is because most of the problems you have with your device can be solved with just clearing the cache on your smartphone.
When you go to OnePlus 5 clear cache, it helps with any bugs or software issues that you could be having. It’s recommended to either clear the cache or complete a factory reset of your phone.
The main reason that you should clear cache on OnePlus 5 is that improves the performance, reduces glitches and removes any unwanted files from your smartphone. Below we’ll explain how to clear cache on OnePlus 5.
What is the cache and what does it do?
Before we get started, you should know what is cache and why it’s important to clear cache on One Plus 5. Almost all phones have two different types of caches, one is the app cache and the other type is system cache.
Third party apps that you install have their own cache that you can clear to improve the performance of the app or fix any problems that you have with it.
The other type of cache is system cache on OnePlus 5. This type of cache is related to everything else besides the third party apps that you install.
How to clear app cache on OnePlus 5
If you have an issue with a specific app, you should first try to clear the app cache. The steps below are for learning how clear the app:
- Turn on the OnePlus 5
- Open Settings
- Tap on App Manager
- Choose the app to clear its cache
- Now find the app info screen
- Select on Clear Cache
- If you want to clear app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data, this will clear all app caches at the same
It’s important that you do not select on Clear Data unless it’s okay to lose data saved in the app like passwords, usernames, settings and game progress.
What to do when clearing the app cache doesn’t help
Once you’ve the app cache, but the One Plus 5 issue is still happening the next step is to uninstall the problematic app and reboot the device.
You should know that before you go to reset the OnePlus 5, it’s a good idea to backup all important information and data in case something happens during the rebooting process.
After you’ve rebooted your phone and the issue is still occurring, the next suggestion is to clear system cache on OnePlus 5.
How to clear the system cache on OnePlus 5:
- Turn off the OnePlus 5
- At the same time, hold the Home button, Power and Volume button
- Wait until the phone vibrates and the OnePlus logo shows up
- Release the Power button, but still hold the other buttons
- Now highlight the Wipe Cache Partition option and use the Power button to select the option
- Go down to Yes and use the Power button to select it
- Press the power button to select Reboot System Now
- The OnePlus 5 will now reboot and clear the system cache
If after you followed the steps above and you still can’t fix the issue, then it’s recommended to factory reset the OnePlus 5