The OnePlus 5 Lock Screen is not just an image you get to look at whenever you’ve locked the device. Actually, it can be only that, but it doesn’t have to stay that way. If you want, you can customize its appearance by adding or removing several useful widgets.
For instance, the weather widget provides information that many users would like to have at hand – the location you’re at and the temperature. Below, we will show you what you need to do in order to make it to the main settings of the OnePlus 5 Lock Screen. Once you’re there, you will be able to explore other widgets as well, like the visual effects or the clock. As promised, however, we will focus on the weather details.
The actual steps to customizing your OnePlus 5 Lock Screen:
- With the device turned On, navigate to the Home screen;
- Select and access the Apps page;
- Browse for and access the Settings page;
- Navigate to the Lock Screen section;
- Select the Lock Screen option;
- Tweak the weather details by checking or unchecking the Weather box and turning it On/Off;
- Use the Home button when you want to get back to the standby mode.
Now that you have activated the Weather details, whenever you lock the OnePlus 5, you’ll see the temperature and location details displayed right on the Lock Screen.
To get rid of it, declutter the screen, and no longer see these details, you can repeat the steps from above and disable the Weather box from the Lock Screen options menu.