In case you experience issues when using your phone, a factory reset on OnePlus 6 is one of the sure ways to eliminate the issues. Also, when you want to have a fresh start you might want to do the factory settings reset. Irrespective of the reason why you want factory settings reset, here we will teach you how you can achieve this.
However, you should first backup all the data that you don’t wish to lose. To do this navigate to settings and then open the Backup & Reset view. For other files, use the application for backup.
Procedure For Complete Reset Of Factory Settings On OnePlus 6
Open Settings and select the Backup and Factory Reset which appear under User and Backup. Now tap on Factory Reset and ensure you have backed up important data. Find reset device at the bottom of the screen. Tap on delete everything and let the process run to completion. Then the OnePlus 6 will reboot.
Using The Hardware Buttons To Perform Factory Reset On OnePlus 6
Incase touch screen stops responding, you will not be able to access the menu. Therefore you need to know the following procedure to be able to complete a factory reset on OnePlus 6.
- Switch off your phone
- Press the following buttons concurrently: the Volume+, the power key and also the home key. Hold on the keys until you see the Android icon
- To select data wipe or the factory settings restore, use Volume- button and to confirm the action hit the power button
- Use Volume- to highlight yes-delete the user data and then use the power button to confirm the action
- The OnePlus button will reboot and to complete this press the power button
- Once OnePlus restarts all data will have been wiped and so you need to begin the set up process again.