For those that own the new OnePlus smartphone, you may want to know how to hard reset OnePlus 5. The main reason you’d want to get the OnePlus 5 hard reset is because when the device doesn’t work like normal or it has become unresponsive.
You should know that before you go to hard reset One Plus, it’s suggested that you backup your phone so you don’t lose anything if something goes wrong. The reason for this is because a hard reset will delete and remove all pictures, songs, apps and data. It’ll then basically have the phone running like it just came out of the box.
It’s recommended to backup the OnePlus 5 going to the Settings and tapping on Backup & reset.
How to Hard Reset OnePlus 5:
- Turn on your OnePlus 5
- Go to the Home Screen and tap on Menu
- Now select Settings
- Tap on Backup & reset and finally tap on Reset device
- Now confirm your select and tap on Erase everything
How to Hard Reset OnePlus 5 Method 2:
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold the Home, Volume and Power buttons at the same time
- Wait until the OnePlus logo shows up
- Now go to Recovery Mode menu and select “wipe data/factory reset”
- Choose “Yes – delete all user data” to confirm the process
- Finally select on “reboot system now”
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to hard reset One Plus 5 without any problems.