For those that own the new OnePlus smartphone, you may want to know how to reset password on OnePlus 5 when locked out. It’s common to forget password of your device and have to reset passcode on the One Plus. There’s a few different ways that you can reset password of OnePlus 5, and some require you to completely wide the device.
There are alternative methods that don’t require the phone to lose all its information. Below we’ll explain a few methods that you can use to reset password on One Plus 5 when locked without having to erase and lose everything on your smartphone.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off your phone.
- At the same time, press and hold the Home, Power and Volume button.
- Wait until you see the Android screen show up and then using the volume button to go on Wipe data/factory reset
- Now press the Power button to select it.
- Then select Yes – delete all user data.
- Once the phone has rebooted, wait for the OnePlus 5 to restart and the device will be ready to set up again.
You may want to read this alternative guide on how to factory reset the OnePlus 5. You should know that prior going to complete a factory reset on OnePlus 5, it’s a good idea to back up all information so nothing gets lost during the reset process.
Reset Password with OnePlus Find My Mobile
Another way that you can reset password when locked out of One Plus 5 is to use Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar feature is like Find My iPhone from Apple. You have the ability to use “Remote Controls” that’ll allow you to temporarily reset password and bypass lockscreen on OnePlus 5. For those that haven’t registered their OnePlus yet, it’s recommended that you register it sooner rather than latter
- Register the OnePlus 5
- With Find My Mobile, you can temporary reset password
- Then you can bypass lock screen with the new temporary password
- Finally you can create a new password
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The final solution to reset password on One Plus 5 when locked out is using Android Device Manager. You’ll first need to have your phone registered with them so this can work correctly.
To password reset OnePlus 5 with Android Device Manger, you just need to activate the “Lock” feature. This feature called “Lock” on Android Device Manger will help reset One Plus 5 password if you’ve forgotten it. Read the steps below to learn how to do this:
- From your computer go to Android Device Manager
- Browse and find your OnePlus 5
- Turn on the feature called “Lock & Erase”
- Follow steps provided on the page
- Create a temporary password
- Type in the temporary password
- Make a new password for your OnePlus 5
After you follow the steps above, you’ll know how to reset passcode on OnePlus 5 when locked. Hopefully the different methods provided above will fix the problem that you had.