If you have forgotten the passcode on OnePlus 6 don’t be nervous, a lot of people have experienced this. That is a very common problem for all smartphone users, but luckily, there are several different solutions.
You don’t need to hard factory reset your device to solve this issue, but if you choose to do that, make sure you have backed up all of your data and files. But, if you don’t want to do that, this guide will absolutely be helpful; it’s your choice how you will do it, we’re offering you 2 different ways to reset lock screen passcode on OnePlus 6.
Reset Password on OnePlus 6 with Factory Reset
- Shut down your OnePlus 6
- At the same time hold the Home key, Power key, and Volume up key
- When you see the Android icon, use the volume down button to select factory/data reset option and select it with Power key
- With Volume down select “Yes – delete all user data” and click Power button in order to select it
- When you reboot your device, select it with the Power button
- After your smartphone restart, you will be able to set up everything again
There is another way how you can factory reset the OnePlus 6. Once again, if you choose this method, make sure your files are backed up.
Password Reset on OnePlus 6 with Android Device Manager
The great advantage would be if your OnePlus 6 is connected with Android Device Manager because the only thing you need to do is to activate the “Lock” feature; it will give you an opportunity to get the new passcode on OnePlus 6. Just follow these instructions:
- Use your laptop/computer to go to the Android Device Manager
- Look for your device on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- It will provide you steps you should follow in order to lock your smartphone
- Pick a temporary passcode
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new one