Your OnePlus 5 smartphone is not really different from any other popular smartphone on the market. If you’ve been gathering hundreds of contacts in its agenda, you should consider a way of better organizing it. That way is common to some of the flagships out there, otherwise a standard feature of the Phone app – to Favorite your contacts, otherwise known as adding a star on their name for quicker access.
You don’t need us to tell you more about how this works and why this is a good idea. If you want to make your life easier while searching the contact details of the people you talk to most often, this simple tutorial is for you. Just the same, if you’re used with Android devices, chances are you already have even the slightest idea of this option.
Long story short, we’ll look into how you can set favorite contacts in your OnePlus 5 agenda and how to edit the previously Favorite contacts, in case you have any.
One way to star a favorite contact is to:
- Turn on the smartphone;
- Launch the Phone app;
- Head to the Contacts section;
- Browse for the contact you want to Favorite;
- Select the contact and look for the star symbol in a red circle;
- Tap on that star and the contact will automatically be added to your Favorite contacts.
Another way to star a favorite contact is to:
- Navigate to the Contacts section of the Phone app;
- Select the contact you want to edit;
- Access the section with its settings;
- Look at the top of the screen for the star icon;
- Select the star and you’re done.
Once you master the simple instructions for your OnePlus 5 agenda, you’ll find it easy to adjust this list. One thing you’ll notice from the very beginning is that all your favorite contacts are listed alphabetically.
To remove someone from the list, you follow the same steps from above, but only to uncheck its star icon. That’s all you need to know about it!