OnePlus 5 is new and people are eager to turn it upside down and comment on everything they find. Since it’s hard to please everyone, there will certainly be features that are praised and features that are criticized. The Parallax Effect isn’t necessarily from any of these categories.
Nevertheless, some users might want to give up on it – who needs the OnePlus 5 Home screen to look 3D when it’s not? Moreover, who wants to spend the system’s resources just to enjoy this effect that makes the wallpaper or the apps look as if they move around in the background whenever you move the screen?
That’s right, it takes using the accelerometer and the gyroscope to create this illusion. If you don’t find it cool enough to be worth of using your OnePlus 5 that way, you don’t have to use it.
Long story short, here’s how you turn off the Parallax Effect on OnePlus 5:
- Access the general menu, just like for any other setting adjustments;
- Go to the Settings section;
- Browse until you find the Wallpaper entry and select it;
- Identify the Wallpaper Motion Effect listed in there;
- Tap on its toggle to switch it from On to Off.
Now you’re free to do so yourself and the Parallax Effect will disappear from your OnePlus 5 smartphone.