According to users, chances are that OnePlus 6 power button will break after using it for a while. That is when, switching OnePlus 6 on and off without running down the battery becomes a challenging task. So, you may be thinking, how do you switch OnePlus 6 ON and OFF when the power button is non -functional?
Have you broken your phone’s power button? It’s no big deal. All you have to do is follow the simple instructions below on how to switch OnePlus 6 on and off when the power button is not working.
How to switch on OnePlus 6 smartphone without making use of the power button:
- Turn off OnePlus 6, hold and press the volume button at a time for some seconds.
- Link the smartphone to a PC with a USB without losing your grip on the volume button.
- Let OnePlus 6 power up to Download mode
- Afterward, stop the operation by pressing down volume button
- When the operation is canceled, the phone with boot again and switch on
- The OnePlus 6 smartphone has been successfully switched on without making use of the power button.
How to power off OnePlus 6 phone without making use of the power button.
- To reach the Home screen, tap the home button
- Click the Applications icon
- Go through the apps and choose the play store icon
- Search for “Button Savior” in the box
- After downloading, install the app
- Button Savior is also available on the web in case you are unable to download the app on play store.
- Open the app after installation (follow this detailed guide if you need to allow debugging mode)
- Once debugging mode is enabled, open Button Savior app and click “Kill/Start Button Savior Service”
- A screen with a tiny arrow will appear on the screen’s right side.
- Click on the screen to turn it into an icon
- Press and hold the power button to view the device options.
- Click the “power off” to switch off your smartphone.
- Your OnePlus 6 smartphone will successfully be switched off without using the power button.