The hotspot on OnePlus 6 is also another important application that you might want to learn about. This enables you to share the internet connection from OnePlus 6 with other devices that you are using. This option is also great especially when you don’t want to connect to insecure Wi-Fi. The exciting news is that the OnePlus 6 comes with an improved battery which is great for those who want to use the hotspot feature. This is because the battery can last longer.
However, you have to perform the basic setup before you can take advantage of this feature. It is just a simple process and we will cover it in the next section here for using mobile hotspot on OnePlus 6.
Process For Turning OnePlus 6 To Hotspot
- Switch on the phone
- Open the Notifications and swipe to home screen
- Select the settings which appear on the right hand corner of the screen
- Checkout for the Wi-Fi Hotspot and Tethering and select this option
- Tap Mobile Hotspot
- Use the Toggle to Switch on/off
- Tap on Ok when the popup warning is displayed
- Checkout the instructions for connecting other device as displayed below the screen.
Procedure For Changing Hotspot Password On OnePlus 6 And Security Settings
It’s always good practice to ensure you have changed the security settings before you begin using tethering on OnePlus 6. The default setting is WPA2 security and to make changes you should follow the following steps for OnePlus 6 hotspot:
- Switch on the OnePlus 6
- Open the applications
- Select the settings
- Checkout doe the tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Tap on Mobile Tethering and Hotspot
- Tap the three dots to expand the display
- Tap on configuration
- Edit the password details accordingly and save the changes.
It is important to consider that there are some data plans that don’t allow you to tether OnePlus 6. Therefore, you might be required to contact your service provider incase yours falls under that category.