From all the tiny details that a smartphone like OnePlus 5 features, the Torchlight might be one of the most useful widgets. If you’ve never tried it so far, do not expect it to be anything like a LED Maglight. Just lower your expectations a little bit and you should be more than happy with this handy source of light that you can make use of, whenever you need most.
We already suggested that the Torchlight App of OnePlus 5 is more like a widget. If you know what a widget is, you also know that you can use it just like you do with any other app – create a shortcut on the Home screen for rapid access. More on how to do that and how to turn it On and Off is detailed below.
Use your OnePlus 5 as a flashlight with these simple instructions:
- Turn on the device;
- Pick an empty space from the Home screen;
- Long press on it until you see that the display changes and a couple of options show up at the bottom of the screen – Wallpapers, Widgets, Home Screen Settings;
- Tap on the Widgets icon;
- Browse all those widgets until you get to the Torch option;
- Select it, hold it, and drag it to an empty spot on the Home screen;
- After you let go of the icon, it will remain on your screen.
Now that you’ve brought the flashlight one display tap away from being used, you can turn it on whenever you want. When you’re done using it, you can tap its Home screen icon once again or you can navigate to the notification settings of the OnePlus 5 and turn off the Torch from there.
You can do the entire above or try directly with the launcher – either way, the answer to the question of how to use flashlight on OnePlus 5 has been revealed.