If you own the new smartphone from OnePlus, you could be having OnePlus 5/OnePlus 6/OnePlus 6T problems with Wi-Fi. Some examples of Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T include weak/slow connections, forgetting a Wi-Fi connection and a connection that switches to data. If you’re having one of these types of problems with One Plus 5, One Plus 6 or One Plus 6T, we’ll explain below how to solve these issues.
The more common reason that your smartphone will have a WiFi issue can be the root of two things. The first is that the WiFI network that you’re connected to is a short distance range and you’re on the outer range for it to work fast. The other can be related to an old WiFi router that has lived it’s life and is in need for an upgrade to get up to speed with modern times. In either case, we recommend so of these great WiFi Routers on Amazon, this will absolutely fix WiFi issues with your smartphone.
Solve Slow WiFi on OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
A common problem is slow WiFi speed on OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 5 when using apps Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and other apps. Some of these take a long time to load or just show a gray image.
The following are some recommendations on how you can fix OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T WiFi problems.
How to fix slow Wi-Fi on OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T:
- Turn off your OnePlus
- At the same time, press the Home, Volume and Power buttons
- Once the phone vibrates, wait for it to get into Recovery Mode
- Select on “Wipe cache partition”
- When the task is complete and select on “reboot system now” to restart your One Plus phone
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
Sometimes it’s a good idea to forget a saved network and then reconnect to that WiFi connection. This can fix things if you’ve typed in the incorrect password or want a fresh start. Follow the steps below to learn how to forget saved WiFi on OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T:
- Power on your OnePlus.
- Go to the notification panel by swiping down on the screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Go to Network connections section and select on Wi-Fi.
- If you have Wi-Fi turned off, change the ON/OFF toggle to turn it ON.
- Pick the Wi-Fi network that you want to forget and tap on Forget.
- Browse and select on the Wi-Fi network that you want to reconnect with.
OnePlus 5/OnePlus 6 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
Some users have reported that the OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T switches to data from WiFi randomly without notice. There could be a few different reasons why this happens, and we’ll show you how to fix this.
The first reason that this could happen is because the mobile data connection setting is turned ON that switch from Wi-Fi to Data when you have a weak Wi-Fi connection. This setting is called “Smart network switch” and it’s possible to modify this setting to help with the OnePlus 5/OnePlus 6/OnePlus 6T WiFi problem.
Disable the smart network switch on OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T:
- Power off your OnePlus.
- Turn on mobile data connection.
- Once you’ve got the mobile data connection turned ON, Tap on Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- Uncheck the “Smart network switch” option.
- Once you do this, the One Plus will stop automatically changing between Wi-Fi and mobile data.
Get Technical Support
If you’ve followed all the solutions above and you still can’t fix slow Internet on OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, then it’s recommended to take your device and get it checked. If the phone is damaged, theirs a good chance that they’ll provide you a replacement phone.