If you own the new smartphone from OnePlus, you could be having OnePlus 5 problems with Wi-Fi. Some examples of Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus 5 include weak/slow connections, forgetting a Wi-Fi connection and a connection that switches to data. If you’re having one of these types of problems with your One Plus 5, we’ll explain below how to solve these issues.
Solve Slow WiFi on OnePlus 5
A common problem is slow WiFi speed on OnePlus 5 when using apps Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and other apps. Some of these take a long time to load or just show a gray image.
The following are some recommendations on how you can fix OnePlus 5 WiFi problems.
How to fix slow Wi-Fi on OnePlus 5:
- Turn off your OnePlus 5
- At the same time, press the Home, Volume and Power buttons
- Once the phone vibrates, wait for it to get into Recovery Mode
- Select on “Wipe cache partition”
- When the task is complete and select on “reboot system now” to restart your One Plus 5
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
Sometimes it’s a good idea to forget a saved network and then reconnect to that WiFi connection. This can fix things if you’ve typed in the incorrect password or want a fresh start. Follow the steps below to learn how to forget saved WiFi on OnePlus 5:
- Power on your OnePlus 5.
- Go to the notification panel by swiping down on the screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Go to Network connections section and select on Wi-Fi.
- If you have Wi-Fi turned off, change the ON/OFF toggle to turn it ON.
- Pick the Wi-Fi network that you want to forget and tap on Forget.
- Browse and select on the Wi-Fi network that you want to reconnect with.
OnePlus 5 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
Some users have reported that the OnePlus 5 switches to data from WiFi randomly without notice. There could be a few different reasons why this happens, and we’ll show you how to fix this.
The first reason that this could happen is because the mobile data connection setting is turned ON that switch from Wi-Fi to Data when you have a weak Wi-Fi connection. This setting is called “Smart network switch” and it’s possible to modify this setting to help with the OnePlus 5 WiFi problem.
Disable the smart network switch on the OnePlus 5:
- Power off your OnePlus 5.
- Turn on mobile data connection.
- Once you’ve got the mobile data connection turned ON, Tap on Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- Uncheck the “Smart network switch” option.
- Once you do this, the One Plus 5 will stop automatically changing between Wi-Fi and mobile data.
Get Technical Support
If you’ve followed all the solutions above and you still can’t fix slow Internet on OnePlus 5, then it’s recommended to take your device and get it checked. If the phone is damaged, theirs a good chance that they’ll provide you a replacement phone.