Different people have different reasons for wanting to use any other language than English on OnePlus 6. If you’re one of them, you’ve come to the place where you’ll learn pretty much everything there is to know regarding your OnePlus 6 language settings.
From French and German to Korean or whatever else you can think of, chances are you’ll get to it pretty quickly. Just be sure that you make a clear distinction between the system language and the keyboard language on OnePlus 6.
If you want to use a different language for OnePlus 6 interface…
- Launch the Settings app and go to My Device;
- Find the Input and Control menu;
- Underneath it, look for Language and Input and select it;
- Tap the Language entry from the top of that window;
- Pick your language and save the changes.
If you want to use a different language for OnePlus 6 keyboard…
- Get back to Settings;
- Expand the section with System settings;
- Select Language and Input;
- Find the Keyboard entry in there;
- Tap the small gear icon next to the Keyboard;
- Pick your language (or languages) and uncheck the older selections if you no longer want to use them;
- Save the changes and leave the Settings.
In case that you have kept both the English language and your newest selection, to switch from one to another, just swipe sideways on the space bar of your keyboard.
Normally, you should be able to find whatever language you need, without any effort. In the event that you can’t seem to find the desired OnePlus 6 language yet you insist on using it, prepare yourself to root the smartphone. But that’s not all you will have to do…
- Begin with the steps required to root the OnePlus 6;
- Next, download and install the MoreLocal 2;
- Bring up the newly installed app and, at the top of its main window, select Custom locale;
- Finally, pick your desired country and language by using the buttons labeled as ISO639 and ISO3166;
- Tap Set and get ready to use your newly selected language.
As you can imagine, you are free to change either the system or the keyboard language. You can also do both, whatever works for you. These two features function independently and you can play around with as many different languages as you want, especially now that you’ve discovered the MoreLocale 2.
If there’s anything you feel we overlooked regarding how to change languages on OnePlus 6, drop us a note in the comments below!