Two of the most common reasons why people want to connect the OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5 to a computer would have to do with the transfer of music or photo files. Whether you want to upload some cool songs on your smartphone or you want to back up your photos to the PC, you cannot do it through a wireless connection.
You’ll need to set up an actual, physical connection between the two devices and to know a couple of specific details. Are you ready to learn it all? Then we suggest you begin by downloading the dedicated App from the OnePlus website, the version for Windows or Mac.
A few words regarding the file format that OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5 can work with…
Just because we’re talking about how to connect OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5 to a computer doesn’t mean you’re only planning to transfer files this way. On the contrary, more often than not, users transfer files from the PC to the smartphone and that’s why you will want to know exactly what types of files it supports, so you won’t have any surprises in the process.
- For audio files, OnePlus 6 supports: WAV and MP3, AAC and AAC+ or eAAC+, AMR-WB and AMR-NB, but also WMA, OGG, MIDI, XMF, QCELP, EVRC or FLAC;
- For video files, OnePlus 6 supports: H.263 and H.264, Divx, MPEG4, VP8 or VC-1 in formats such as mp4, wmw, 3gp or 3g2.
As for how to connec OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5 to a PC…
Now that you know your options, you must be anxious to know how to put it all into practice. So, here it is:
- Download and install the required USB drivers for your particular OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5 (only if you have a Windows PC because for Mac devices you won’t need it);
- Use a standard USB cable to connect the two devices;
- Expect your smartphone to display a notification with a couple of options regarding how you want this connection to be and make your desired selection;
- Start browsing on your computer and open the content of OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5, which should be visible as a distinct folder.
Once you get to see what’s inside your OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5 as if you were looking at any other folder from your computer, the process is extremely simple. You either use the drag and drop mouse actions or settle for the cut and paste menus. Either way, you have connected the OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 5 to PC and you can now transfer files both ways. Just pay attention to the file format support mentions from above.