Whether you have accidentally deleted just one photo or a lot more than that, the recovery process is pretty much the same. You will need a computer, a USB cable, and the Dr. Fone for Android software, also known as Android Data Recovery. Such software is meant to recover all kinds of deleted files, not just pictures, yet the following tutorial will be for how to use this software recovery tool with your deleted pictures. Are you ready?
Preparations to recover the deleted pictures from OnePlus 6
Because you will be working with a dedicated app, you naturally have to get its software and install it first. At the same time, you must make sure that you increase your odds of recovering the deleted pictures by overwriting as little information as possible on the memory that used to store those pictures.
Note that even when you’re not using the smartphone to do something in particular, the device itself might be scanning for software, downloading and installing updates or pushing notifications for some of your apps. All these require using its memory and may lead to writing the new data over your recently deleted pictures.
To eliminate those serious risks, you must be sure that your phone is blocked from all standpoints. The easiest and most direct way is to enable the Airplane Mode, which will block any actions. Alternatively, you can manually disable the Data and the Wi-Fi, the Bluetooth and anything else you can think of.
Once this critical problem is solved, download the Dr. Fone for Android app on a computer, install it and launch it from there.
How to restore OnePlus 6 deleted photos with the Dr. Fone app
- With the dedicated software launched on the PC, grab your smartphone;
- Use a USB cable to connect the phone to the computer;
- Access the Developer Mode on your phone and enable USB debugging from there;
- Return to the computer and you’ll see, in the window of the Dr. Fone app, a notification that the USB debugging is now enabled and running;
- From there, follow the prompts, as suggested by Dr. Fone, to see what files you can recover;
- Select the types of files you need to search for and wait to see what results will Dr. Fone get for you;
- Once Dr. Fone finishes the scanning, you will be able to tick the files you wish to recover and hit the Recover button to start the process.
Soon enough, the Dr. Fone Android Data Recovery tool will bring back the deleted pictures on your OnePlus 6.