Those who recently acquired the OnePlus Smartphone might face some Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus 6. For instance, there might be a slow Wi-Fi, Forgetting the Wi-Fi Signal and also switching to Data Connection automatically. Here we will see some of the alternative solutions to each of these issues.
OnePlus 6 Automatically Switches From Wi-Fi To Data
The Activated WLAN feature is responsible for this behavior on your smartphone. This feature is known as “Intelligent Network Switch” and was designed so that the OnePlus 6 will automatically switch to a stable internet connection automatically. However, you can disable the smart switching on OnePlus 6.
Ensure OnePlus 6 Wi-Fi Is Turned To On
There is a high possibility that your phone is connected to a signal that is very weak. Therefore, you should check and ensure that the Wi-Fi is off. The procedure that you should follow is shown below.
- Switch the phone on
- Tap Menu
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Connections
- Tap on Wi-Fi
- Click on the toggle and slide it to the side labeled “Off”.
Procedure For Forgetting A Wi-Fi Network
Open the OnePlus 6 settings view and you will see a list of the saved Wi-Fi networks. Now look for the network that you want to remove and long press on it. A window will then pop up showing “Forget” and also “Modify” options listed.
The forget icon allows you to delete the network while the modify option is good when you want to change the password of the Wi-Fi you are connected to. Here is the right procedure.
- Switch on your OnePlus
- Open the notifications panel by swiping down from the top of the screen using two fingers.
- Tap on the section that is labeled “Network Connections” and select Wi-Fi.
- Incase Wi-Fi is off, use the Toggle to switch it on.
- Tap on the specific Wi-Fi you want to forget and touch on the forget icon.
- This means you have forgotten the network and it will not appear again.
Fixing The Wi-Fi Issue By Disabling Intelligent Network Switch
- Switch on the phone
- Ensure the Mobile Data is on
- Open the menu then settings and navigate to wireless connections
- There is the Smart/intelligent network switch labeled on the top of the page
- Remove the tick so as to allow weak connection option
- The issue will be solved and OnePlus 6 will no longer switch when you don’t want it to switch.
How To Solve Slow Network On OnePlus 6
Slow Wi-Fi Speed is the other issue that you might face while you are using the OnePlus 6 device. This is especially if you love to browse the social media platforms. Therefore you might be seeing grayed icons and they might not show at all and take forever to load. However, with a strong Wi-Fi, this experience will no longer happen. Here is a quick fix procedure that you should follow.
- Switch your device off
- Press these buttons concurrently: The Power off, The Volume up, and also the home button.
- The phone vibrates after a while and this shows the recovery mode is active.
- Look for the Wipe Cache Partition and activate it.
- Restart the phone once the process is complete.
Seeking Support From An Expert
If you have tried these options and nothing seems to happen for the better, the last option would be seeking support from an expert. Take the phone back to the dealer and you will be assisted. A replacement unit will be given if the device is found to be defective.