If you’re the type of tech user who crowds every single display with loads of files, folders, icons, and apps, you probably miss having a tidier screen, at least every now and then. Do you feel that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus has too much on the Home screen? Would you like to declutter it a little bit and put things in order, for easier and more logical access?
We’d like to share 3 simple steps with you. Because icons, widgets, and folders are pretty much all you can place on your Home screen, we decided to guide you to a tidier screen through these three steps. Every single one of them will be dedicated to a particular item. Take care of it and your Home screen will be unrecognizable by the end of his article.
Step 1 – tidy all your icons:
- Select an app that you want to reposition on the Home screen;
- Press and hold on it;
- Drag it right where you want that icon to remain and release;
- Repeat with all your apps from the Home screen, until everything is in place.
Step 2 – tidy all your widgets:
- Press and hold any empty space on the Home screen’s wallpaper;
- At the bottom of the display, tap on the Widgets icon;
- Select any widget from the list that pops up to move it on the Home screen;
- Get back to the Home screen and use the indications from step one to move the widget icon wherever you need on the screen;
- Repeat with as many widgets as you’d like to have.
Step 3 – organize in folders:
- Select an app, icon or widget that you want to insert into a folder;
- Press and hold, then drag it towards the top of the display;
- Release the icon on top of the New Folder option;
- Change the name of the New Folder;
- Select Done;
- Move as many other apps as you want into this new folder or create another folder.
From the Home screen or from the App drawer, app, widget, or whatever you have, you can move around, hide under a folder, group with other similar items. Your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus will look tidy and you get to bring in a personal touch. That’s a win-win.