How would you like to be able to personalize the Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8 with some cool and useful widgets? After all, you’re turning back to this screen more times a day than to any other screen. So why wouldn’t you bring all the useful information in one place?
In this article, we’d like to show you 7 widgets that you can easily add to the list of handy features of your Home screen. Read on and you’ll also find a bonus on how to change the wallpaper – now we’re talking about customizing your Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus!
How and what widgets can you add to the Home screen?
The Home screen is such an important area of your smartphone that it benefits from a special menu under the general settings of the device. Once you get there, you will be able to see a comprehensive list of features that you can personalize the screen with.
Depending on what you want, you can choose to:
- Display the date – if you want to know what date is it all the time, all you have to do is to add the “Show the Date” widget to your Home screen.
- Display the clock – if you want to see what time is it without having to stare too much at the screen, use the “Clock Size” widget, from where you can control the size of the displayed time and adjust it according to your needs.
- Display clock by time zones – if you’re a regular traveler or you don’t spend too much time in one place but you want to always be remembered what time is at home, use the “Dual Clock” widget. It will permanently show on the Home screen the time of your current location and the time of the location you have previously set as Home.
- Camera app – if you want to access the camera of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus with ease, use the “Camera Shortcut” widget and you’ll be able to run the app with just one tap.
- Weather and Pedometer – if you’re an active user who walks a lot and wants to know how is the weather going to be, use the “Additional Info” widget to move the Pedometer and Weather info up to the lock screen.
- User information – if you like to make it clear who’s the owner of the smartphone, use the “Owner Information” widget to display Twitter handles and other details you will find relevant.
- Special effects – if you get bored easily, try the “Unlock Effect” widget, again, something to make the unlock of the lock screen a bit funnier and out of the box. Watercolor is one effect that Galaxy users seem to love, but do try all the special effects out there.
How can you change the wallpaper on Galaxy S8 Home screen?
If you never thought about tweaking your smartphone’s wallpaper so far, it might come as a novelty. But those accustomed with changing wallpapers on other Samsung devices, can already guess how simple that is:
- Access the Home screen;
- Identify an empty space;
- Tap and hold that empty space;
- Wait for the Edit mode to take over;
- When you see the Edit mode on the screen, you get a series of options of what you can add:
- Home screen settings
- Tap on Wallpaper;
- Tap on Lock screen;
- Surf through the images available as default;
- Select “More images” if you want to choose something different, like an image you stored somewhere else on your smartphone;
- Use the “Set Wallpaper” button to confirm your option.
And that’s how you’ve completely changed the appearance of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus – adding widgets to the Home screen and personalizing the wallpaper.