You may have not known that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus has autocorrect that allow your device to fix spelling errors or typos when you are typing on the device. However, autocorrect can also cause headaches or problems when words are actually spelled correctly on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. The headache still continues when using autocorrect on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. We understand that some do not prefer to use autocorrect and try to turn it off.
We will show you how to disable autocorrect on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. You have the option to turn autocorrect off completely or type words that autocorrect might not know. Take a look at the steps below on how you can turn OFF or ON autocorrect on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Turning off and on autocorrect on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Navigate to the screen that you can see the keyboard.
- Click and hold he “Dictation Key” that is on the left side of the “Space Bar”.
- You can hen click on the gear shaped option that is the “Settings”.
- Choose to disable the “Predictive Text” below the “Smart Typing” section.
- You could also turn the different settings such as punctuation marks and auto-capitalization off.
You can also turn on autocorrect on again for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus if you want later. All you have to do is navigate to the keyboards and then go back to the settings have the autocorrect feature changed to “ON” so that it will go back to default.