You are not the only one who claims to be unable to open email attachments on their Samsung Galaxy S8 handset, but I am glad that you are among those looking for a solution.
This isn’t device related and it isn’t happening only to you, so I have been able to gather a few possible fixes for this issue.
Don’t you know where to start from? Then, don’t hesitate to keep on reading this guide and apply the steps in the given order:
Fixing open email attachments on the Galaxy S8:
First of all, you should perform a software update if there is one waiting for you that you’ve completely forgot everything about. I know that there are cases when I tell you that certain updates mess up things, but they do mostly good and fix such situations:
- Click the Apps starting at your Home screen.
- Click the Settings;
- Click on About device.
- Click on Software update.
- Then click on Update now.
- Once the upgrade ends, your Galaxy S8 should be restared and try to get the attachments opened in your email message.
- Did this not work? If it did not work, try to use another step. You can try to solve the issue by getting an email account and adding it once again if the email attachment cannot be opened.
- Click on the icon for the App starting at your home screen.
- Click on Account tab.
- You should also click on the email account that you are having issues with.
- Click on More.
- Click the option to have the account removed.
- You must then add the account again. You must install the apps and set it up again if you decide to use a third party app. But, you can just click Add account if you use the third party app that is under the other account in the settings, click Email and have the account registered.
If this has not worked either, then it’s time to hard reset your device. I know that not all of you feel totally comfortable with the idea of performing such a procedure, but before taking the final decision, at least read these steps of the operation:How to Hard Reset the Samsung Galaxy S8. Here you can find both the preparatory steps and the actual steps of the process, so what do you say? Would you give it a try instead of asking for a replacement unit? Let me know in the comments area from bellow.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my Galaxy S8 phone but I’m just not used to having problems especially with text messaging. I have heard users complaining about the fact that they cannot send picture messages, while others claim that are not able to send SMS or to receive, so how can all these be possible?
We are not talking about any regular Android device, but one that claims to be high-end and is priced according to that, so I get your frustration. This happens to all of us and now, here I am with a new guide regarding a messaging issue. This is smaller than other ones, I know, but still very important for those who want to use the texting function of their Galaxy S8 smartphone.
While swiping to make a text, there are users who describe that the S8 device doesn’t automatically space the words out. I am always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so I am glad that you’ve asked for my help and yes, there is something that can fix the problem in no time. Since you are using the native Samsung keyboard, the best way to solve it is to reset it to its default settings.
However, if you’re using a third-party keyboard, this is not enough and you have to take things to a new level. By that, I mean that you must clear both the cache and the data with the help of these detailed steps:
- Click on the Apps icon starting at the Home screen.
- Locate and click on the Settings.
- Click on Applications.
- You must click on the Application manager.
- Swipe at the All tab.
- Locate and click the keyboard that you want to use.
- First, click on the button for Force Close.
- Click on Storage.
- Click the Clear cache;
- Then click on the option, which says Clear data and Delete.
If you have any questions, feel free ask for my help. And if you have other issues, just visit our S8 page and browse for similar problems. You are not the only one experiencing such problems, I can assure you of that!