Need to change the time and date on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus? Whilst the smartphone will often automatically provide you with the correct time and date, if you need to manually change it for any reason, this guide will be able to help you. Once you’ve made the changes, you’ll be able to use your Galaxy device to keep track of the correct time and date.
You may be wondering why you’d like to make these changes – the Galaxy S8 usually gets the correct time when connected to the internet. For travelers, or those on holiday, changing your time and date manually can be helpful when your smartphone doesn’t update automatically.
You can adjust your time so that it changes to the timezone you’re visiting, or you can keep it as the same timezone back home so that you’ll know what time you’ll arrive home. Follow the steps below to learn how to change the time and date on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
How To Change Time And Date On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Make sure your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is switched on.
- Swipe down from the top of the display with a single finger.
- Tap the Settings option.
- In the settings menu, tap Browse and then tap Date and Time.
- You’ll need to uncheck the ‘Automatic Date and Time’ feature.
- Next tap ‘Set Date.’
- You can now use the on-screen controls to change the date.
- Next, tap ‘Set Time.’
- You can now use the on-screen controls to change the time.
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to change time and date on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.