If you ever tried to move icons around, on the Home Screen of a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you must have noticed that there are only a couple of well-determined positions where you can place these icons. That’s because, behind that shiny wallpaper that you have selected, there is this clear structure and organization of the workspace known as a grid to changing app icon size on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
This grid consists of rows and columns that intersect forming cells. In each cell from the Home Screen, you can place an icon. And since they all have the same dimensions, all your icons will have the same dimensions because they have to fit in!
Now, for one to change Galaxy S9 app icon size in Home Screen area, the dimensions of these cells have to be adjusted. Is this even possible, you wonder? Of course it is, otherwise, we wouldn’t have kept all this suspense until now. The only downside, as you can see, is that you won’t be able to give different sizes to different icons.
And another aspect you’ll notice as you start following our instructions is that you won’t get too many options. In fact, you only have two app icon size options to choose from, one of which is currently active. How do you get to change icon size on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus?
How To Change Galaxy S9 App Icon Size On Home Screen:
- Access the Settings of the device – from the Notification Tray or the Apps Tray;
- Open up the Display & Wallpaper tab listed in there and select the Icon Backgrounds feature;
- You will then be redirected to a new page, where you have the two main options we just mentioned above;
- Tap on the one that is not selected and look at the preview section to see what changes it will bring up;
- Swipe between the two options a couple of times, closely monitoring the changes from the preview box – you’ll see it’s a bit hard to tell the difference between these two app icon sizes;
- Use the Done button and leave the settings when you have decided on one particular size.
If you’ve changed the app icon size on Home Screen, you will be able to notice this change in the Samsung Galaxy S9. Bear in mind that changes apply in both the Home Screen and the Apps Tray, you can’t tackle these two separately, at least not in terms of icon sizes!