The Samsung Note 8 text app can be modified according to your personal preferences so that you get alerts whenever new message pops up with an vibration and audio sound. In this primer, we’re going to walk you through with the first phase of personalization i.e., how to personalize Galaxy Note 8 text message ringtone. Word of caution these steps which we are about to illustrate you will only apply to the default app on your gadget. If you are not using the default application, then the instructions will vary.
Setting a new text ringtone on Samsung Note 8
You are bored with the sound your smartphone generates when a new message pops up. Don’t worry you should understand that there are plenty of options that you can choose from in-built pre-installed sounds on your device.
We are going to show you all the possible options which are predefined in the smartphone while you can even set your favorite music files which are stored in the gadget. But here we will get you set up your favorite audio from pre -installed sound.
- Click on the Messages menu.
- Once you enter the messaging app, you will find more label on right corner click on it.
- The context menu pops us , choose Settings;
- Click on Notifications;
- Click on Notification Sound;
- A new window pops up, you will notice the list of inbuilt sound files;
- Click on each of them in a sequence so that you can listen to what exactly the sound file is all about.
- Once you are done with a preview of all sounds, choose your favourite just click OK and exit the menus.
Note: There is one thing which we need to address before winding off the primer.
Many users complain about the following issue
When they head to the Notifications area below the Settings option of Messaging, and you found it greyed out?
This depicts your Samsung Note 8 is not using the default messaging app.Now if you want to apply the above steps, it is very simple you will have to change your preferences and pick the Samsung messaging app as the default option.
Just in case you don’t want to use the default messaging app, You are free to explore and find how the third app is messaging works and how can you change the message ringtone on your Samsung Note 8 smartphone.