Sounds manifest in many different instances when using a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Usually, it’s only when things stop working that you actually notice you’ve been using a sound feature. Whether it’s for voice calls where sounds hear too low, or when trying to listen to some media files, it’s frustrating that you can’t seem to get the volume you want or need.
Before you rush taking your device into service, remember that there may be some simple tweaks you can try on your own. It could be the Bluetooth playing you tricks, some debris caught around the microphone or the cache of the smartphone.
So in this article, we will look into all of the above and some other instances, suggesting you simple, actionable steps for overcoming the most common sound problems on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus devices.
Of course, if going through our suggestions won’t fix your problem, by all means, go ask an evaluation from an authorized service. But before you get there, here are your options.
How to fix sound problems in Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Clear the microphone with some compressed air to remove any dust, debris or dirt caught up around it;
- Use the ejection pin to take out the SIM tray, take off the SIM and reinsert it – ONLY with the device turned off;
- Turn off the Bluetooth and check if the sound problems persist;
- Use this guide on how to wipe cache on Galaxy S8+ Plus, follow the steps, and see if sound gets back to normal;
- Use this guide on how to enter Recovery Mode on Galaxy S8+ Plus and check in there if there are any apps affecting the sound functions of the device.
These are 5 simple steps that should cover the most common and simple to fix sound issues on Galaxy devices. Let us know in the comments bellow which one worked best for you!