At some point, you might want to transfer photos from your Galaxy S9 to PC or even vice-versa. When such time comes, you will be happier if you are able to do this without so much researching. However, before we get started, it is important to note that there are some differences you should consider relating to the type of computer that you are using.
- For the Windows computers, make sure you have the right USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S9 or the S9 plus.
- If using Mac computers, download and run the android file transfer
How to Connect Galaxy S9 to a Computer:
- Connect the device to a USB port Using a USB Cable
- A message will be displayed on your smartphone display reading either “Connected for Charging” , or “Connected as a Media Device”;
- Drag the notification tab down
- Tab on the message and choose the option that suits what you want to achieve.
To Transfer media files – when the phone is directly connected to the PC, you can transfer the media files. To do this on windows computer, go to “My Computer” and click on you’re the device name as displayed on the portable devices option.
- Transfer Images-this is for general images transfer which is done through a PTP connection.
- Software Installation-This allows you to install phone software on your computer.
- Connecting MIDI Devices- This is when you want to use your smartphone as a Musical Instrument Digital Interface player.
- Charging-you can use your USB cable to charge the battery of your phone in case you lack the power adapter to plug in.
Those are the basic steps you need to follow whenever you want to connect Samsung Galaxy S9 to MAC or Widows computer. We have also highlighted some of the options you have after connecting the device to the computer. Did you know that you can mirror the contents of your smartphone to the PC screen? Samsung offers this possibility to the users.
How You Can Mirror Galaxy S9 Device on PC
- Unplug your device from the PC
- Search the SideSync software, download it and install to your computer
- Search the SideSync software, download it and install to your phone
- Connect the two devices to the same Wi-Fi network. Alternatively, you can use the USB cable for as wired connection.
- Start the SideSynch software on your Galaxy device and also on the computer
- Your Smartphone app should detect the computer automatically and also give you a list of options
- Allow the connection on your PC
- Checkout the SideSync options from your PC- the folder icon allows you to transfer files through the SideSync software, and through the screen of your galaxy device you can as well mirror the device`s display on your PC.
In case you are unable to connect the two devices, use a different USB cable. However, since the Samsung Galaxy S9 Kies app does not work, this is the best direct approach for your device. After you connected, the device will be able to work with any of the following formats:
In case there is anything else you would like to know on how to connect Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus to computer, you can learn more by messaging us below or send us an email so that we can help you out.