For those that own a Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus, it is important that you know how to manipulate the mobile hotspot feature. The Mobile Hotspot feature of the Galaxy smartphones allows one to connect other internet enabled devices to the Internet. The Hotspot feature is also ideal where there’s a bad public Wi-Fi connection. The improved battery life for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus helps the course as well since its battery lasts for hours.
For you to use the Galaxy S8 hotspot, you will need to set up Hotspot on your device first. This is a pretty easy step as well and we’ll explain how to use the mobile hotspot feature and change its security password on your Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus.
How to turn your Galaxy S8 smartphone into a wireless hotspot
- Power ON your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus
- Open the notifications settings through swiping down of your Home screen
- On the upper right corner of your screen, hit on Settings
- Then open Tethering & Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Choose Mobile Hotspot
- Toggle the ON/OFF button to ON
- On the attention screen warning that Wi-Fi will be turned OFF, press OK.
Read the instructions provided at the lower end of your screen to connect another device to your Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus smartphone
How to change the security type and the password of your wireless hotspot connection
It is basic for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus smartphones to include a password to their default hotspot feature. It is originally set to WPA2 for security. To know how to change these settings, follow our guidelines below.
- Power ON your Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Swipe down on the Home screen to open the Notifications settings
- On the upper right corner of your screen, press on settings
- Then open on Tethering & Wi-Fi hotspot
- Hit on Mobile Hotspot.
- To view more options, hit on the 3-dot sign on the upper right corner
- Press on Configure
- Input your preferred password then hit Save
You should however note that some specific data plans do not offer mobile hotspot. This means for you to access the mobile hotspot, you have to upgrade to that service. If you have followed the above instructions and your Mobile Hotspot is still not working, then it is advisable that you contact your wireless data carrier and check whether there is a compatible data plan for you.