To help the users of Galaxy S9 Plus and Galaxy S9 devices type faster and better, the phone has the Spell Checker feature. As a plus to the feature, Google introduced a built-in dictionary lookup on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus which allows users to have a wide range of words for the different users to rely on in their conversations.
This new feature allows the phone users to add new words to spell Checker so that the app doesn’t underline the words. Therefore, the user will not see a red underline or suggestions on alternative words when they add the word to the dictionary.
There are two different options available for the users who want to use this personal dictionary feature. One of the options is as you type on texting app of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or the Galaxy S9 Plus. The second option is doing this from the settings.
For the first option, the new words are added to the dictionary when Spell Checker underlines them as you type. For the second option, you can decide to take some time and add the words by typing them into your devices personal dictionary lookup on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Dictionary Lookup On Galaxy S9 Approach One- From Texting Applications
- Open any of the messaging applications
- Note down the words that you need to be added to the personal dictionary
- Once Spell Checker underlines any of the words indicating misspelling, tap on the word
- On the context menu that shows up with correction suggestions add the words to the dictionary.
Dictionary Lookup On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Approach 2- Adding Words From Device Settings
- Swipe on the top of the screen to launch general menu
- Select the settings gear icon
- Select languages and input
- Pick personal Dictionary feature
- Key in the word that you want to add to the dictionary and assign a shortcut to it if necessary.
- Repeat the above steps to add as many words as you wish
- in case you need to correct words or even delete them, tap on the word and use the delete icon that shows on the screen.
Through the above options, you will be able to personalize your device`s spell checker. This simplifies texting as these features were specifically designed to automate your work. Therefore, texting doesn’t have to feel complicated anymore.